This website is about unit 1, bimester 1, April to May 2017:
Turning points and connections – exploring primary source materials and relative experiences after El Niño.
Here are some of the questions we will be asking during the unit:
- What are primary sources? Why are they important?
- What is photo reportage and its components?
- How do you conduct an interview?
- Why are firsthand accounts important?
- How do photographs convey information?
- How does our perspective influence what photos we like/take?
- What communication skills are needed for a successful interview?
- What is the best way to find out another person’s perspective?
- What sources of information did people rely on during el niño?
- What sources are the most reliable and why?
- What are the pros and cons of using social media during a natural disaster?
- Should you take risks to get primary source materials during natural disasters?
Photo courtesy of REUTERS/Mariana Bazo.